Thursday 17 July 2008

Thurs 17th July

Just back from 2 nights at Champneys in Tring, man alive what a wonderful place, its years since I've been to a health resort, or 'farm' as they were known and back then it was overweight people queuing up in robes to be weighed and then waiting miserably for a sub standard treamtent and eating a bit of sad salad for lunch. This was like being at the most luxurious coutnry hotel ever but with the added benefit of an incredibiel spa and wonderful exercise classes. They say they're a spa then a hotel but I'd say they do both brilliantly. I did a fitness hula hooping session - not bad as I haven't kept a hoop up that long since I was a kid (no gags) and I went on some fab country hikes and of course did yoga.

Frank Bruno was very loud in his flourescent blue shorts in the gym and I'm sure they get a fair smattering of big time celebs but you don't feel the need to dress up - its very relaxed.
Highly recommended - well worth it for a day trip, food fantastic too, longer article coming soon...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

The personal blog of Janey Lee Grace, come over to our forum on Imperfectlynatural.com for info on all aspects of natural and holistic living. Join my facebook fan page too