Monday 12 July 2010

Dancing my way to health....

I'm hooked - line and sinker...I've mentioned Nia before and everyone says oh is it like five rythms ? do I need to have some co-ordination ? Is it just free dance ?
No to all of the above, but it is an inspirational joyful form of movement that I can only say has transformed me, Interestingly I did a degree in performance arts majoring in dance, I did ballet, jazz, the lot but it was always rather like hard work and I remember constantly looking at the clock (the fact that I wasn't that great at it didn't help!) Nia is about the whole person and no prerequisites are needed - I guarantee if you try it you'll love it.
So...am I on commission no I am not but I am going to consolidate all those years of dance training by completing my White belt in Nia which means I will be qualified to teach ! Oh laudy watch out ! I so want to combine my holistic stchick (is it a word ? sp ?) with Nia - they fit together so well !

To that end first up is my very first retreat weekend at Champneys in Henlow Beds.
25th / 26th Sept - there will the opportunity to do all the usual stuff, nordic walking, yoga, pilates, hulahooping (yes its fab) aerobics etal plus we will throw in 2 free thalassotherapy sessions (wonderfully therapeutic) and of course my talks and lots of time for individual consultations PLUS 2 complimentary Nia classes -I defy you not to love it !!!

Champneys is a little pricey but this is a chock full weekend - go on you deserve it,bring a freind !

No comments:

Post a Comment

The personal blog of Janey Lee Grace, come over to our forum on Imperfectlynatural.com for info on all aspects of natural and holistic living. Join my facebook fan page too