Thursday 4 March 2010

Happy birthday me !.....and Bowen rocks !!!


Happy birthday to me, I was asked to write the foreword for a new book by Lyndsey Agnes called 25 inside...I only need to write two words - Thats me ! actually some days more like 18 (give or take the odd day when I feel like The Old Woman on Steve Wrights show (and no we are not one and the same person - wish I had a quid for everytime someone asked if she is 'real' or if its me !)

Anyways a fantastic happy birthday email arrived from a woman I met when I did the Tortue rouge organic perfume making course in France (which reminds me gonna go and spritz some of my 'signiature' scent.....anyway she has horrendous back pain. Bossy old me nagged her the whole weekend about having a Bowen treatment, I sent her details of Fiona Meekes in Richmond and Jo Lunn in London (who also offer training) but of course she was sceptical....today got this email.....

Hi Janey,

Without wanting to sound totally melodramatic, I really don't know how
to ever thank you enough for introducing me to Bowen. I have to admit I was initially a bit sceptical but I can honestly say that the treatment has completely changed my life.

I've been waiting to write to you but I wanted to wait until I'd had
my 3 treatments to make sure it wasn't a false alarm. Now I've had
them and the almost total eradication of my back pain and sciatica has
been so remarkable I simply can't believe that the technique is not
more widely known and applied. Within 48 hrs of the first treatment I felt like a totally different person - bolt upright and aligned for the first time in 20 years!! I have never experienced such a marked difference in the way I feel
internally, structurally, with any other type of therapy. It's simply
mind-boggling how something that seems so gentle can have such a
dramatic effect on the body.

My therapist, Sarah Yearsley, said she met you and chatted to you once
at a conference and that you are a real advocate for the cause! I feel
the same now and have been telling anyone who'll listen - I even went
up to a complete stranger on the bus the other day who was clutching
his back and walking just like I was 6 weeks ago and told him all
about it!
I just wanted to write and tell you how grateful I am because this time 2 mths ago I was seriously low and thought that I would just have to accept having back pain forever. To think that I may have found a way to be free of it is just amazing.
Thank you so much

Isn't that great !!!!!
Over the years I've had hundreds of these kinds of letters, its nowt to do with me
Bowen rocks ! See my article from my first book Imperfectly Natural Woman - http://bit.ly/bowenbyjaney

I'll be at the bowen conference too so any therapists come and say hi.
If anyone is reading this straight after the last blog about eft you probably think I'm 'miraculous therapy mad' - just so happens that some things really do seem miraculous. Off to spray my birthday perfume.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janey,

    Thanks, once again, for helping to get Bowen Technique out there. It's one of those things that just has to be tried to be believed.

    Please keep on being 'the bossy old you'. It's helping us tremendously to make a difference.

    May I add a link from my blog to this article?

    Happy Birthday,

    Jackie O'Neal

    ReplyDelete

The personal blog of Janey Lee Grace, come over to our forum on Imperfectlynatural.com for info on all aspects of natural and holistic living. Join my facebook fan page too